Saturday 1 February 2014

#2014bloggerchallenge- Story time

Hey guys!

It's another #2014bloggerchallenge post! This time it's all about books.

I love to read but sadly because of the crazy timetable and insane workload uni gives me, I barely have anytime to read books for fun. I tend to use my summer holidays to catch up on reading or now that I have a tablet, I can read on the go as it's much easier to carry around than a book.

I've decided to talk about my all time favourite book series which is the 'Noughts and Crosses' series by Malorie Blackman.
Admittedly, it's been a while since I read this book but I remember when I was reading each book in the series and thinking what a great book this is. It's one of the few times I remember literally not being able to put a book down. These books are quite huge but it didn't feel like to me and I managed to finish it in a day or too.

noughts crosses malorie blackman
The blurb reads:
"Sephy is a Cross – a member of the dark-skinned ruling class. Callum is a nought – a ‘colourless’ member of the underclass who were once slaves to the Crosses. The two have been friends since early childhood. But that’s as far as it can go. Until the first steps are taken towards more social equality and a limited number of Noughts are allowed into Cross schools… Against a background of prejudice and distrust, intensely highlighted by violent terrorist activity by Noughts, a romance builds between Sephy and Callum – a romance that is to lead both of them into terrible danger…"


It's written so well and you can't help but feel involved and you get caught up in their emotions.

I'm not going to give away the story but if you haven't read these books you really need to! 

I've always wanted them to make a movie based on these books. I think it would be an amazing one starring yours truly as the main character... haha

Writing this post has got me all nostalgic as it reminds me of my times at school and now I want to read the series all over again. Unfortunately, I have a lot of uni work to do and can't afford a 'reading week'. Hopefully, over the summer.

Have you read this book? What did you think of it? 
What's your favourite book/series? Do let me know. 
Also, if you're taking part in this challenge leave your links below as I'd love to read them!

Thanks for reading!

6 comments:

  1. Noughts and Crosses is my favourite book too! It would great if they made into a film :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noughts and Crosses is an amaaaaazing book. I loved it when I read it (a while ago too) and I practically flipped through the whole series in a week or more. Sooo gripping and suspenseful, and I love the spin she puts on racism. Definitely a worthwhile read!

    Check out my post on the Kite Runner here: http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2014/02/kite-runner-by-khaled-hosseini-2014.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea it really is! I loved the spin she put on it too. Different to what is normally written. I'll give your post a look now. Thanks for stopping by and commenting! :) x x

      Delete
  3. I haven't heard anything about this book till now, I'll put it to my book list. See u around ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great book! It won't disappoint! :) x x

      Delete